Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2004/05/26 19:29:13 UTC

login portlet

I can't seem to get the Login Portlet to login anymore.
I followed the direction in the help mode (setup the Memory Realm) of
the Login Portlet, no luck.
We are using the JAAS Realm now, so Im wondering if the help even
applies anymore.

Is the Login Portlet successfully logging on for anyone else?
It was working for me, before my workstation crashed.
Spent all day yesterday re-installing on a new workstation, and I feel
like Im forgotten a step...

Im on 4.1.30 of Tomcat
thanks

Re: login portlet

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
I am logging in just fine from a build i did last night.

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 13:29, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> I can't seem to get the Login Portlet to login anymore.
> I followed the direction in the help mode (setup the Memory Realm) of
> the Login Portlet, no luck.
> We are using the JAAS Realm now, so Im wondering if the help even
> applies anymore.
>
> Is the Login Portlet successfully logging on for anyone else?
> It was working for me, before my workstation crashed.
> Spent all day yesterday re-installing on a new workstation, and I feel
> like Im forgotten a step...
>
> Im on 4.1.30 of Tomcat
> thanks

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
* -------------------------------------- *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *

Re: login portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 26, 2004, at 10:29 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> I can't seem to get the Login Portlet to login anymore.
> I followed the direction in the help mode (setup the Memory Realm) of
> the Login Portlet, no luck.
> We are using the JAAS Realm now, so Im wondering if the help even
> applies anymore.
>
> Is the Login Portlet successfully logging on for anyone else?
> It was working for me, before my workstation crashed.
> Spent all day yesterday re-installing on a new workstation, and I feel
> like Im forgotten a step...
>
> Im on 4.1.30 of Tomcat
> thanks

FYI, the Login Portlet started logging on correctly for me after I
installed Java 1.4.2_04
(tested with MySQL)

My primary workstation crashed Tuesday.
When I switched to another workstation, re-installed Maven et al, Login
started failing.
The new workstation already had Java 1.4.1_05.
Im wondering if there was a problem with the installation J2SDK (1.4.1)
(I personally did not configure Java on this machine)

As more evidence, I was also experiencing very erratic behavior with
Eclipse 3.0 M9
That also cleared up with the installation of 1.4.2

Re: [j2] My stupid question(s) for the day :-)

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Le 27 mai 04, à 19:31, David Pankros a écrit :

> To deploy portlets to j2 do you just drop the war into the tomcat
> deploy dir
> (i.e. ${deploy.war.dir})?  Obviously, the war contains the portlet.xml
> and
> all that other good stuff...

No that's not enough, J2 needs to be aware of teh webapp to actually
register
it.

There are 2 goals in maven to deploy/undeploy a portlet app:

maven pam.deploy
maven pam.undeploy

This used to be documented like in:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-jetspeed-2/
GETTING-STARTED.html?content-type=text%2Fhtml&rev=1.3

But there's a lot of refactoring going on right now and the docs have
yet to catch up.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java

[j2] My stupid question(s) for the day :-)

Posted by David Pankros <dp...@everestkc.net>.
To deploy portlets to j2 do you just drop the war into the tomcat deploy dir
(i.e. ${deploy.war.dir})?  Obviously, the war contains the portlet.xml and
all that other good stuff...

I'm just curious because I was GUESSING that or something similar was the
procedure, but I wasn't sure, given the current state of the project, if it
was implemented yet and therefore I needed to do some extra steps in the
meantime (populating DB tables or whatnot) or if I'm just off in "Fantasy
Land." (not that it would be unusual or anything :-D )  When you follow the
deploy procedure (whatever it is) does the DB autmatically get populated or
is that part of the installationthat I should do?

I've been looking all round for some doc that would give some basic how-tos
but haven't found anything like that, other than the "how to get it running"
info on the web site.  If I get it going, and there isn't anything like
that, maybe I'll write it up to avoid more questions like this.

Thanks and sorry for the distraction.
-Dave

Re: login portlet

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
> Which username, password do you type in?
> Maybe i just forgot them
 From http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-52:

I added a few user principals and their credentials to the default
<snip>
userinfo seeding sql script (both default and oracle scripts):
   admin/admin
   manager/manager
   user/user
   tomcat/tomcat
   jetspeed/jetspeed

I also added three role pricipals: admin, manager, user.
To the first three users I attached these roles:
   admin: admin, manager, user
   manager: manager, user
   user: user
</snip>

I usually login with admin/admin but the others work just as well.

Re: login portlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: login portlet

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.