Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Aleksandar Milanovic <am...@galdosinc.com> on 2002/08/13 23:09:34 UTC

validation of incoming messages

Hi All,

My s/w application has to validate all incoming SOAP requests against one or
more XML schemas. Since these requests may be quite large, it would be ideal
to validate them as they are parsed (to avoid having to reparse them). I am
using Xerces 2.0.2 and Apache SOAP 2.3.1.

In class org.apache.soap.util.xml.XMLParserUtils I found the method
refreshDocumentBuilderFactory(), which should enable me to set the
DocumentBuilderFactory used by Apache SOAP. Since I can't rely on the
messages to contain the correct schema location info, I want to use Xerces
property called "external schema location", which lets me specify schema
locations on the parser itself (rather than in the document being
validated). I am afraid that if I set this property on the document builder
factory, then all document builders in Apache SOAP will be affected by this.
I need to validate only incoming messages. Are document builders used in any
other case? Should I be worried about this?

thx
Alex