Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Miren Urkijo <mi...@tinieblas.com> on 2005/11/27 21:45:30 UTC

help with locale or language.

Hello.
this is my first question to this list.
My name is Miren.
I have one great problem for loding tomcat use into my work site:
 i am running into one suse linux 10 one tomcat 5.
i runs well but all the latin characters (ñ, á, í.........) appears with one ?
which is the problem?
how can i solve it?
i have trying to solve this problem during one week and i don't know how to solve it.

thanks

Re: help with locale or language.

Posted by Miren Urkijo <mi...@tinieblas.com>.
Fron the data base i load one xml with this info:
<sn_composicioninformacion>
<metadatosinformacion_texto><![CDATA[URDUÑA-ORDUÑA]]></metadatosinformacion_texto>
</sn_composicioninformacion>

the xml encoding is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>

i pass this xml across one xslt that the encondig is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        <xsl:output method="html" version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"
indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

>From the database to the xml is well (URDUÑA-ORDUÑA) but when tomcat shows
the page appears:
URDU?A-ORDU?A

this runs well with my 4.1.30 tomcat but with tomcat 5 into the suse 10 it
runs bad

can anybody helps me?
thanks

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.