Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Hans Sowa <ha...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 10:33:15 UTC

Source Code for MyFaces 1.1.3

Hi

I'm a little bit confused. I wanted to download the source for MyFaces Core
1.1.3. I checked the explanation from MyFaces about Subversion. I found this
explanation:

If you are looking for a stable release of the source code, you should
download it from the distribution
directory<http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/>.
The Subversion repository should only be used if you want to be on the *
bleeding-edge* of the development effort. The code contained in them may
fail to work, or it may even eat your hard drive.

But in the distibution directory I can just find the source for 1.1.1 but
not for 1.1.3. So, I checked with Subversion and checked out the branch
1.1.3 but I'm not sure if this is really a stable version or the working
version for the MyFaces Dev Team.

So, my question is where can I find the corresponding source code to MyFaces
Core 1.1.3?

Thanks in advance.

--
mfg Hans Sowa
mailto:hanssowa@gmail.com

Re: Source Code for MyFaces 1.1.3

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/06, Hans Sowa <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a little bit confused. I wanted to download the source for MyFaces Core
> 1.1.3. I checked the explanation from MyFaces about Subversion. I found this
> explanation:
>
> If you are looking for a stable release of the source code, you should
> download it from the distribution directory. The Subversion repository
> should only be used if you want to be on the bleeding-edge of the
> development effort. The code contained in them may fail to work, or it may
> even eat your hard drive.

Where did you see this?  We need to correct it.

> But in the distibution directory I can just find the source for 1.1.1 but
> not for 1.1.3. So, I checked with Subversion and checked out the branch
> 1.1.3 but I'm not sure if this is really a stable version or the working
> version for the MyFaces Dev Team.
>
> So, my question is where can I find the corresponding source code to MyFaces
> Core 1.1.3?

The 1.1.3 branch is what you want.   The working version is called
trunk (or current).