Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shashidhar v <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/18 06:03:00 UTC

configuring the tomcat-6 to support list of user certificates

Hi,

Can anyone give some idea to configure the tomcat-6.0.18 to enable SSL (
https ) and also to support the list of user certificates to access a sample
web application
I have the user certificate and also the CA certficate , I have checked the
docs of tomcat but i was not clear to configure it if we have both user and
CA certifcates

Thanks & Regards,
shashi

RE: configuring the tomcat-6 to support list of user certificates

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: shashidhar v [mailto:shashidhar.velagandula@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: configuring the tomcat-6 to support list of user certificates

> Could you please give any references or some sample steps

Start here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#Setting_up_SSL

 - Chuck

Re: configuring the tomcat-6 to support list of user certificates

Posted by shashidhar v <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

Could you please give any references or some sample steps   , I am new to
this tomcat usage and web applications .
First, I want to check the authentication of users based on their DNs . I am
using tomcat-6.0.18 on linux platform.
I have usercert.pem, userkey.pem, cacert.pem files

Thanks & Regards,
shashi

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.