Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/10 15:18:02 UTC

Instructions for granting podling members karma

There have been several requests to Infra recently to grant karma for
podling members.

In most cases this can be dealt with by the PPMC/IPMC by editting the
asf-auth file

However I could not find any details in the Incubator guides about this.

I added the following section to the PMC guide:

http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html#karma-podling

since this already mentions podling karma.

However there should probably be mention in the Incubator guides,
though I could not work out where the information ought to go.

Re: Instructions for granting podling members karma

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 7:22 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh?
>
> The point is that podlings should be encouraged to manage things for
> themselves where possible.
> [If every karma change had to be managed by Infra then it could add a
> lot to their workload.]

On a very much related note: I'd like to give one members of a each
of the few podlings I'm mentoring Jenkins karma. I'd like them to be
able to manage their builds themselves, since that's what they'll be
doing as TLPs (with a Chair granting such karma as needed).

What's the policy here? Who can help me enable the podlings?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Instructions for granting podling members karma

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Huh?

The point is that podlings should be encouraged to manage things for
themselves where possible.
[If every karma change had to be managed by Infra then it could add a
lot to their workload.]

For podlings to do that, they need to have the relevant information.

My question is: where should that information go?

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.