Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vijaya prasad pala <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/07 10:35:59 UTC

Arabic encoding problem

Hi

i am reading arabic text from oracle database.
if i am displaying that text in that page it ok.
if i am passing the same arabic string to another page
then in that page it is displaying in ?????.
i tried like this

 if(request.getCharacterEncoding()==null)
  	request.setCharacterEncoding("windows-1256");

  linkString = request.getParameter("linkLine");
  userString = request.getParameter("userLine");

Here my problem is passing string from one page to
another page...

Thanks in Advance
vijay

RE: Arabic encoding problem

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@silvacom.com>.
Hi, It's likely that request.getCharacterEncoding() is not null at that
point(most likely iso-8859-1). A better conditional statement:
	if (request.getCharacterEncoding()==null) || !
request.getCharacterEncoding().equals("windows-1256")) {}

Cheers:).

-Yan

charset issues with jsp include and forward

Posted by vijaya prasad pala <vi...@yahoo.com>.
 Hi

 i am reading arabic text from oracle database.
 if i am displaying that text in that page its ok.
 if i am passing the same arabic string to another
 page
 then in that page it is displaying in ?????.
 i tried like this

 if(request.getCharacterEncoding()==null)
   	request.setCharacterEncoding("windows-1256");

   linkString = request.getParameter("linkLine");
   userString = request.getParameter("userLine");

 Here my problem is passing string from one page to
 another page...
 how can i set the page encoding and characterset and
content type.

 please help

 vijay