Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Menke <jm...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/27 14:11:55 UTC

dropdown values getting lost in validation

it seems my dropdown collections on my bean are not getting repopulated when
i use the validator interceptor.  What is  the best practice for
repopulating dropdowns?  Where should this logic be placed?

Re: dropdown values getting lost in validation

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- John Menke <jm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> it seems my dropdown collections on my bean are not getting
> repopulated when i use the validator interceptor.  What is  the
> best practice for repopulating dropdowns?  Where should this
> logic be placed?

It may depend on how you're populating the dropdowns (for example, where
you're getting the data from), but this is one use of the Preparable
interface. There are several ways to go about it, though.

Dave