Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andrew Miskelly <am...@theweather.com.au> on 2007/01/31 00:28:53 UTC

Monitor Results - graphing the right thread pool

Hi all,

I am using JMeter 2.2 as a simple monitor (as per
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-monitor-test-plan.html)
for several Tomcat servers and it almost meets my needs very well.

Each Tomcat has an http connector configured and a jk connector
configured. The former lets me access Tomcat's /manager/status page and
the latter is used by mod_jk on httpd so it does all the work and it's
the thread pool I want to have graphed in JMeter's Monitor Results listener.

It seems that Monitor Results graphs the thread usage statistics for
whichever connector is listed first on /manager/status which on some
servers is jk (desirable) and others is http (in which I'm not
interested). The server.xml files for all servers are much the same in
that http and then jk are configured in that order, though presumably
the MBean server returns a hash of the thread pools to /manager/status
whose order is pretty much undefined.

Is there a way to control which connector's thread pool is graphed by
Monitor Results?

Thanks.

Regards,
Andrew Miskelly.