Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by reza aliakbary <r_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/25 13:41:27 UTC

Release 4.0 plan

Hello,

  Could you give me an approximate time that when you would reach to the final release of 4.0 ?

  Best Regards,
  Reza

---------------------------------

Re: Release 4.0 plan

Posted by amerigo5 <am...@hotmail.com>.
I also would like to know.

The following links indicated an answer but....

http://forums.activemq.org/posts/list/93.page

http://www.nabble.com/RE%3A-activemq-user-When-can-I-expect-a-stable-4.x--t482704.html#a1369286

Thanks.

Re: Release 4.0 plan

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/4/06, nainostrebor <ir...@overstock.com> wrote:

> James.Strachan wrote:
> >
> > I expect us to get 4.0-RC4 out quite soon then 4.0 should be pretty
> > quick after that assuming noone finds any show stoppers.
> >

> Care to clarify what "soon" and "pretty quick" mean?  Should we be
> checking
> in daily?  Weekly? Monthly?

Its not really under our control - the Incubator PMC decides when we can
make a release - so its anyone's guess.

Its not been voted on yet but here's the test build of what 4.0 will look
like if you wanna try it out
http://people.apache.org/~chirino/incubator-activemq-4.0/distributions/

--

James
-------

Re: Release 4.0 plan

Posted by nainostrebor <ir...@overstock.com>.

Re: Release 4.0 plan

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/25/06, Christopher G. Stach II <cg...@ldsys.net> wrote:
> reza aliakbary wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   Could you give me an approximate time that when you would reach to the final release of 4.0 ?
> I believe James said late December. :)

We would have released 4.0 in December if we were still at the
Codehaus. The move to the Apache Incubator has slowed us down
considerably while we move infrastructure across and comply with the
various polcies and procedures at Apache.

Re: Release 4.0 plan

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> reza aliakbary wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>   Could you give me an approximate time that when you would reach to the final release of 4.0 ?
>>
>>   Best Regards,
>>   Reza

>> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.
>
> I believe James said late December. :)

.... 2005!

--
Christopher G. Stach II