Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/28 16:13:07 UTC

How much mule suits for split with TTL?

Hello,

i'm new to Camel and at the moment choosing between Mule, Apache
ServiceMix or Apache Camel for solving following task:

    A flow starts when web service is called , N recipients ( a folder
with files, web service, jms queue) receive the message
    Monitoring (at least logging) is needed.
    Multiple similar flows can exists.
    In case a recipient is offline the flow should wait till it gets
online or report failure if TTL is exceeded.
    Online redeployment is needed. During redeployment of a flow the
flows that are running are not stopped. (optional)

Would be grateful if people with experience will give a hits if Camel
suits for such tasks and how would it be better to implement it, or
maybe Mule or ServiceMix suits for it better?

Thanks in advance,
Vitaly

Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
There are some faq entries[1][2][3] about the comparison of Mule,
ServiceMix and Camel which you may take a look.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/how-does-camel-compare-to-mule.html
[2]http://camel.apache.org/how-does-camel-compare-to-servicemix.html
[3]http://camel.apache.org/how-does-camel-compare-to-servicemix-eip.html

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

My comment inline
On 2011-8-28, at 下午10:13, Vitaliy Semochkin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm new to Camel and at the moment choosing between Mule, Apache
> ServiceMix or Apache Camel for solving following task:
>
>    A flow starts when web service is called , N recipients ( a folder
> with files, web service, jms queue) receive the message
>    Monitoring (at least logging) is needed.
>    Multiple similar flows can exists.
>    In case a recipient is offline the flow should wait till it gets
> online or report failure if TTL is exceeded.
Yes,  Camel is a perfect candidate to to such task here.
>    Online redeployment is needed. During redeployment of a flow the
> flows that are running are not stopped. (optional)
As to the redeployment, sounds like you need a container which can
take care of the component/router life cycle for you, that's exactly
Servicemix4(basically it's a OSGi container but can work with Camel/
Cxf/Activemq out of the box) can offer here and camel router can work
seamlessly inside Servicemix4. So my suggestion is that use Camel to
do the workingflow, use Servicemix4 as a container.

Freeman

> Would be grateful if people with experience will give a hits if Camel
> suits for such tasks and how would it be better to implement it, or
> maybe Mule or ServiceMix suits for it better?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vitaly

Freeman Fang

FuseSource
Email:ffang@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: freemanfang
Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com

Re: How much mule suits for split with TTL?

Posted by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mathieu,

Some clients are in Python and some are in 1C (proprietary system
popular in Russia). The last one is the main problem :-)

Thank you for response I'll have a look on ActiveMQ + Camel for this
problem, for 1C we will probably write a Com object in .NET.

Posted by Mathieu Lalonde <mr...@live.ca>.
Hello Vitaly,

Posted by Vitaliy Semochkin <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mathieu,