Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "DeVelvis, Ralph (US SSA)" <ra...@baesystems.com> on 2006/04/19 18:56:29 UTC

[users@httpd] ScriptAlias file permissions deny execution

I am trying to understand why Apache gives me file permissions deny
execution error on a cgi script for the following configuration.

Apache v1.3.26

Solaris 8

nobody user is the user process running Apache

nobody belongs to the group which has read/execute privileges on the
directory and files, however, all privileges have been removed from
other

The cgi directory is aliased using ScriptAlias

Thanks

Ralph De Velvis

Principal Software Engineer

_______________________________________
BAE SYSTEMS Information Technology
2970 Presidential Drive
Suite 360
Fairborn, OH  45324  USA
Telephone (937) 427-6273
Fax (937) 429-9300

Re: [users@httpd] ScriptAlias file permissions deny execution

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/19/06, DeVelvis, Ralph (US SSA) <ra...@baesystems.com> wrote:

> I am trying to understand why Apache gives me file permissions deny
> execution error on a cgi script for the following configuration.
>

> Apache v1.3.26
>
> Solaris 8
>
> nobody user is the user process running Apache
>
> nobody belongs to the group which has read/execute privileges on the
> directory and files, however, all privileges have been removed from other
>
> The cgi directory is aliased using ScriptAlias

What *exactly* does the error log say?

What happens if you do
su - nobody
cd /full/path/to/cgi-bin