Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Shucker <ss...@vmsinfo.com> on 2006/11/03 00:59:25 UTC

Changing template locations

Is there a way to change the location where tapestry looks for html
templates?  I've got a component library project with a standard maven2
file structure.  I'm writing specless components.  I've created a
/src/main/webapp directory containing a basic *.application and web.xml
file and I use the maven jetty plugin to test.  However, running this
project as a webapp requires me to move my *.html files into
/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF.  I'd much rather configure hivemind to look
for these files under the classpath where the *.java files are located
and packaged for the component library.  A SpecificationResolverDelegate
doesn't appear to address this issue - the fact that my component
backing classes are in the classpath is causing tapestry to assume the
*.html files are in WEB-INF.

I'd prefer to add an additional search location, but I'd settle for
putting another hivemodule.xml in my test WEB-INF folder to search the
classpath instead of WEB-INF.

-Steve

Re: Changing template locations

Posted by Steve Shucker <ss...@vmsinfo.com>.
That's exactly what I'm doing, but I've added a few test pages and the
web.xml to the component library project so I can fire it up in jetty
and test the components without needing a separate war project to use
them.  This is a question about how to configure a library project for
interactive or selenium testing, not rearranging files in a webapp.

-Steve

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.