Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiricc�� <il...@apache.org> on 2018/08/22 09:13:07 UTC

Anything changed with Tomcat 9.0.11 and JSPs?

Hi all,
after upgrading from Tomcat 9.0.10 to Tomcat 9.0.11, my application's startup fails with error:

GRAVE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/XXX] threw exception [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ast/RequiresStatement] with root cause
java.io.EOFException: Detect premature EOF
        at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:131)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:462)
[...]

Did anything relevant changed from 9.0.10 WRT JSPs?

TIA
Regards.

Re: Anything changed with Tomcat 9.0.11 and JSPs?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiricc�� <il...@apache.org>.
On 2018/08/22 11:56:42, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> Full stack trace please.
> >
> > Here you go: https://paste.apache.org/EA4A
>
> Hmm. Nothing unusual there - apart from the Exception itself.

> >> See the change log.
> >
> > Sorry, could not derive anything related to above from
> >
> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/changelog.html#Tomcat_9.0.11_(markt)
> >
> > Any hint? Thanks.
>
> Nothing that jumped out at me either.
>
> Maybe a corrupt ecj.jar file?

That was!
I downloaded again from

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/tomcat/9.0.11/tomcat-9.0.11.zip

and everything worked again.

Sorry for the noise... :-/

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiricc�� <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> Hi all,
> after upgrading from Tomcat 9.0.10 to Tomcat 9.0.11, my application's startup fails with error:
>
> GRAVE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/XXX] threw exception [java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ast/RequiresStatement] with root cause
> java.io.EOFException: Detect premature EOF
>         at sun.misc.Resource.getBytes(Resource.java:131)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:462)
> [...]

Full stack trace please.