Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vasiliy Keretsman <va...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 18:03:06 UTC

Unable to read TLD "META-INF/c.tld" from JAR file

Hello!

Strange problem appears with Tomcat. It can't read the tlds from JAR
file (standard.jar).
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/c.tld"
from JAR file

It happens only once when Tomcat/work folder is empty. After page
refresh everything goes well.

Details:
1. Tomcat 5.0.28
2. J2SDK 1.4.2_02
3. standard.jar is not corrupted and includes all tlds in META-INF
4. WEB-INF/lib doesn't contain jsp-api.jar

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Vasiliy

Re: Unable to read TLD "META-INF/c.tld" from JAR file

Posted by Vasiliy Keretsman <va...@gmail.com>.

> I am sorry I didn't see the details. perhaps there is a problem with
> running tomcat with compatibility package and having tld's in WEB-
> INF/lib/standard.jar file.

Yes, it might be that. I am running Tomcat 5.0.28 on JDK5 locally and it works.
Do you know any resources or solution for this problem except
migrating to Java5?

Thanks

P.S.I did googling first, but i didn't found my case there.

Posted by Darek Czarkowski <dc...@infinitesource.ca>.
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 12:02 -0800, Darek Czarkowski wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 20:05 +0200, Vasiliy Keretsman wrote:
> > Not while Tomcat is running.
> > I am aware of the work folder. It happens when Tomcat starts with
> > empty work folder.
> >
> > Just upgraded to J2SDK1.4.2_12 - the same result
> >
> > On 01/11/06, Darek Czarkowski <dc...@infinitesource.ca> wrote:
> > > Are you deleting the content of work folder while tomcat is running?
> > > Don't!
> > >
> > > "Work Folder: Automatically generated by Tomcat, this is where Tomcat
> > > places
> > > intermediate files (such as compiled JSP files) during it's work. If you
> > > delete this directory while Tomcat is running you will not be able to
> > > execute JSP pages."
> > >
> > > --
> > > Darek Czarkowski
> > > www.infinitesource.ca
> > > darekc at infinitesource dot ca

> Should have tried google first, if you did, you should provide more
> details. Here is what searching for your problem comes up with.
>
> http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?
> ubb=get_topic&f=50&t=007815
>
> Is this similar to your problem? Or perhaps you are deploying jsp-
> api.jar with your application? there is number of reasons this could be
> happening.

I am sorry I didn't see the details. perhaps there is a problem with
running tomcat with compatibility package and having tld's in WEB-
INF/lib/standard.jar file.

--
Darek Czarkowski
Ph: 604 294 6557 (Ext. 113)