Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Brosius <db...@apache.org> on 2009/01/06 21:14:03 UTC

handling unc on windows

Greetings,

  I am using the maven-antrun-plugin to copy files from a network into my build that is specified by unc path. This works on windows, but not linux, understandably.

The ant portion does

<fileset dir="${pr.help.dir}/English">

where pr.help.dir is specified in the properties section of the pom.

To make it work on both, i thought perhaps i'd add a

<property file="${basedir}/user.properties"/>

under the <tasks> section of the maven-antrun-plugin

and add the property there, as opposed to in the pom.

In that way a user could arbitrate the path for either unc, or a mounted share on linux.

but it doesn't seem that maven-antrun picks these property files up.

So perhaps there's a better way....

Some uses build on linux, others build on win32. How do i copy files from a unc path such that it works for all users?

Re: handling unc on windows

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> In that way a user could arbitrate the path for either unc, or a mounted share on linux.
> but it doesn't seem that maven-antrun picks these property files up.
>
> So perhaps there's a better way....
> Some uses build on linux, others build on win32. How do i copy files from a unc path such that it works for all users?

Just to be clear... you're asking about how to best use Ant on the
Maven list? ;-)

I'd suggest a completely different solution entirely using the Maven
approach -- build packages containing those resources, install them
into a corporate repo, and then depend on them in your other builds as
necessary.

Wayne

Re: handling unc on windows

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
You might want to have a look at jcifs

There'd be some work involved, but if you absolutely must have the file on a
Windows share, that's what you'd need to do...

better might be to have the windows share accessible via http or some other
nice protocol

-Stephen