Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2006/08/08 02:48:57 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Please help

On 8/7/06, alexa song <my...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Owen,
>
>   I have tried over and over again to get out of the newsgroup,
> sending emails to unsubscribe...
>
>   But, next day or a week after and continuously... it goes on.
>   I don't know but you seemed heavily involved with this group.
>   And seems to me it is the last card for me to try sending emails to you.

Did you read this:
which is linked from the bottom of every message and gives you
specific instructions on what to do if you have problems
unsubscribing.

Anyway, I have unsubscribed you.

As I have pointed out, it seems that hotmail is silently eating the
unsubscription confirmation request.  This is another good reason to
not use hotmail.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Please help

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/8/06, Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 01:48, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > As I have pointed out, it seems that hotmail is silently eating the
> > unsubscription confirmation request.  This is another good reason to
> > not use hotmail.
>
> Maybe the safe option would be for the unsubscribe process to
> default to automatically unsubscribing someone if there's no
> reply to an unsub-confirmation email?

This would be ok for a non-critical list like users@, but certainly
wouldn't be a good idea for a list where subscriptions are required
for oversight (like the commits list, for example).  I have no idea if
ezmlm has this capability, but I'd tend to doubt it.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Please help

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--
Nick Kew

[users@httpd] Please help on Apache Modules

Posted by "Devireddy, Nagendra Reddy (STSD)" <na...@hp.com>.
 Hi,

An application that I am working on has dependency on some Apache
modules. I
downloaded and compiled the Apache HTTP server 2.0.59.

The Application has some dependency on the Apache Modules. In httpd.conf
the
following lines are there:

LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so
LoadModule info_module modules/mod_info.so
LoadModule mime_magic_module modules/mod_mime_magic.so

>From where can I get latest Apache Modules for HP-UX (PA-RISC) platform.

Regards,

Nagendra