Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tom Miller <tm...@kdsi.net> on 2001/03/05 21:06:26 UTC

My struts-template is broken

Whew! Somehow or other my 1.0b1 struts-template webapp is refusing to
place the header, sidebar, content and footer in their respective places
as per the template. Instead these components are placed one after
another vertically down my browser page.

I've redeployed the 1.0b1 struts-template.war, rebooted Tomcat, rebooted
the machine, started over. Tried Netscape and IE5. Even replicated the
process on another computer. Does anyone know why this might happen? It
may a cockpit error, but I'm at a loss. I think I saw it working
correctly the first time I looked at it today, but now I'm doubting that
memory.

TIA
--
Tom Miller
Miller Associates, Inc.

Re: My struts-template is broken

Posted by bram <br...@info.nl>.
we had the same problem over here(with ibm websphere), and fixed it by
adding a
pageContext.getout.flush() before the pageContext.include in the Include and
get tags of the
template tags. If you go thrue the cvs reposetory, than you can see that
this line was in the source an month ago (or so)
but it has been removerd(for the reasons check the comments in the cvs)...

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
   Certainly because Components do the flush by default.

    Cedric

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tom Miller <tm...@kdsi.net>.