Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jeremy Davis <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 19:23:17 UTC

Feature Request: multiget_slice(s)

Currently multiget_slice allows you to specify multiple Keys but only one
slice. In my specific scenario it becomes difficult/impossible to iterate
across the data set unless I can also specify the slice per key. This is
because if one of the Key's doesn't have the same amount of data, then the
continuation (the next multi-get when iterating) will either have to skip
some data, or repeat some data. (max(columnName) or min(max(columnName)) of
the column names returned, respectively). Currently I have to round trip for
each get, or fork/join to do in parallel.

My request is to add a multi-get that specifies a list of key/slice pairs.

Regards,
-JD