Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vishal Swaroop <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/01 17:20:42 UTC

Best strategy for logging & security

It will be great if you can provide your valuable inputs on strategy for
logging & security...

Thanks a lot in advance...

Logging :

- Is there a way to implement logging for each cores separately.

- What will be the best strategy to log every query details (like source
IP, search query, etc.) at some point we will need monthly reports for
analysis.

Securing SOLR :

- We need to implement SOLR security from client as well as server side...
requests will be performed via web app as well as other server side apps
e.g. curl...

Please suggest about the best approach we can follow... link to any
documentation will also help.

Environment : SOLR 4.7 configured on Tomcat 7  (Linux)

Re: Best strategy for logging & security

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Logstash is open-source and free.  At some point Sematext contributed Solr
connector/output to Logstash.  Here are some numbers about Logstash (and
rsyslog, which is also an option, though it doesn't have Solr output):
http://blog.sematext.com/2015/05/18/tuning-elasticsearch-indexing-pipeline-for-logs/

If you are new to Logstash, this is a good one:
http://blog.sematext.com/2013/12/19/getting-started-with-logstash/

Note: Solr was mentioned as the destination for logs here, but it's not the
only option.  You can send your logs to other systems and services,
including off-site ones, those that also archive your old logs for audit or
other purposes, have more than just basic log search functionality, etc.

HTH

Otis

Posted by Vishal Swaroop <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vishal Swaroop <vi...@gmail.com>.
I am using log4j.properties which logs core name with each query...

Is there a way to generate separate logs for each core ?

Regards

Posted by Rajesh Hazari <ra...@gmail.com>.
Logging :