Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Nguyen Tien Luong <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/01 11:27:44 UTC

CXF asynchronous Example

    Hi everybody,

I'm new in the community of CXF.
I acctually work on a project of Asynchronous WebServices.

So if someone who have an example of code which illustre the asynchronous of CXF, please let me know.
It will be perfect if example uses JMS as transporting layer.

I appriciate it.

Luong ( from France :-) )

NGUYEN Tien Luong                    |                    M2PGI - UFRIMAG
13 Rue Blanche MONIER                |               Tel : 06.16.55.45.50
38000 Grenoble FRANCE                |              http://tienluong.info

Re: CXF asynchronous Example

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

what exactly do you want to do? There are two kinds of asynchronous
services. First there are one way services. In this case you only send
information to the server and do not expect it to return anything. In
this case you can configure cxf to return directly after the send
without waiting for the server to process the information. Services that
only define an outgoing message for an operation by default directly
retrurn without waiting for the server to finish. The wsdl_first example
has one method updateCustomer that shows this.

The way is calling a request / reply service in an asynchronous way. You
call the service with a method that takes the information you want to
send to the service and a callback class that is called when the reply
comes in. For this case you can tune the wsdl_first example. In the file
binding.xml you can uncomment the line
<jaxws:enableAsyncMapping>true</jaxws:enableAsyncMapping>. This causes
the codegen plugin to also generate code for the asynchronous syntax
like described above.

You should also take a look at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/developing-a-consumer.html. The section
Asynchronous invocation Model shows how to do async calls.

Greetings

Christian