Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com> on 2008/10/30 16:39:30 UTC

How to send random values from a file?

Hi,

Can anyone tell us how to select random values from a file for
parametrization?
When we use the CSV data set config file the values are taking sequentially.
So can anyone tell how to proceed in this aspect.

Thanks,
Srinivasulu N

Re: How to send random values from a file?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 03/11/2008, Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com> wrote:

>  If the duplictes are allowed then how to access them...??

Generate a random number and read the file until that record is
reached. Of course this will  need to be synchronzed, unless you use
different file connections per thread - which could cause resource
exhaustion with more than a few threads.

If all records are the same length you should be able to skip to the
appropriate record, which would obviously be quicker and would reduce
the synchronize time.

Randomising the file before use is a much better approach.

Posted by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Srinivasulu <sr...@cognizant.com>.