Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Jon Wilmoth <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/24 04:55:17 UTC

Date support in Struts Framework

After searching the user and developer archives, it appears a number of people have expressed interest in some extended conversion support by the framework over the last 3 years. UnfortunateIy it doesn't appear any of these have been accepted and the discussion seems to have died off.  I'm looking for support by all the tags (input in particular) to convert bean properties from Dates --> Strings and then the framework to attempt to convert the submitted string back to a date object (perhaps an addition to BeanUtils and the RequestProcessor.processPopulate method?).  I've been wrapping my business objects in form beans that have a temporary String version of the date, but I thought it was time to raise this again to see if there's community support for this enhancement.  If there is, I'd be willing to contribute a patch given some design feedback.