Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Kanev <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/22 16:30:47 UTC

[m2.0.4] Javadoc aggregate problems with multiple modules projects

Hi all.

Setting aggregate to true for the javadoc plugin doesn't seem to work for
me, in a multiple-module build. I won't paste error message, because they
are just too large, but it tells me that it can't find some classes (from
external dependencies) that it succesfully finds when I'm building the
project. After that, I get a lot of java.lang.ClassCastException:
com.sun.tools.javadoc.ClassDocImpl exceptions and duh. The problem
disappears when I move those dependencies from the <dependencyManagement> to
the <dependencies> tag in the code. It leads me to think, that the javadoc
plugin ignores the dependencies in <dependencyManagement>.

I read somewhere (I don't remember where) that this is currently fixed in
the CVS for maven-javadoc-plugin, but a fresh checkout produces the same
error.

Ideas, anyone?