Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de> on 2014/06/06 23:23:05 UTC

[ANN] flatten-maven-plugin 1.0.0-beta-2 released

Hi,

The Mojo team is pleased to announce the release of the
flatten-maven-plugin version 1.0.0-beta-2.

Flatten Maven Plugin generates a flattened version of your pom.xml and
makes maven to install
and deploy this one instead of the original pom.xml.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/flatten-maven-plugin/

To get this update, simply specify the version in your project's plugin
configuration:

<plugin>
         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>flatten-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.0.0-beta-2</version>
</plugin>

All you need to do is add the plugin to the plugins in your build section.

Release Notes
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-2027 ability to preserve developer
information
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-2030 flatten-maven-plugin overrides
basedir and sets it to target/, so src/site/site.xml is not used and any
documentation beneath src/site is not rendered

Enjoy,

The Mojo team.

Jörg

Re: *** Spam *** Re: [ANN] flatten-maven-plugin 1.0.0-beta-2 released

Posted by Jörg Hohwiller <jo...@j-hohwiller.de>.
Hi Russ,

this can only be done programmatically in a plugin/MOJO.
However, it is very easy: You need to invoke setFile(File) on the
MavenProject:
             this.project.setFile( flattenedPomFile );

Before I also tried to configure maven-install-plugin and
maven-deploy-plugin to use a different file, but these features have
been removed in the recent versions. Also you would get trouble with
further related plugins such as maven-gpg-plugin.

Both ways are rather a workaround than a solid and well-designed solution.
E.g. see last comment of this issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-2030

Start a discussion on the maven dev list if you like to. I think maven
needs some re-design here...
Also the way aggregators work has design issues. But chaning the maven
plugin eco-system is quite of a challange. Maybe in maven 4 one day...

 > Since your 99% there, maybe you could add a parameter to just let me
add my own custom pom?
 > Or can I just overwrite .flattened-pom.xml with my own?

Would be easy to do. You can also overwrite the generated file but you
have to be in the lifecycle after flatten plugin and right before any
other plugin such as gpg or install.

> I find it is sometimes hard to get "non-religious" answers on the maven forums.  ;)

Some time ago I had the same problem. Try to change the way you talk
already helped for me :)
Describe your problem precisely and then ask open questions. Remove all
complaints before you hit "send" ;)

Regards
   Jörg

Posted by Russ Tremain <ru...@releasetools.org>.