Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by m mat <pe...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/22 22:10:12 UTC

Soft coding transaction names

Hi,

this may be a bit weird requirement, but would appreciate if some one can help me.

I am trying to do multiple searches that trigger different queries. I would like to have each thread pick up a different query randomly and execute using a sampler. I would also like to track these queries separately. That is my search1 should be tagged in the listener output file as query1 and search2 as query2 and so on.

I tried to wrap a transaction controller around my sampler and tried to give it a name like
openSearch${__Random(1,5,searchIndex)}, hoping that the transaction will get called, openSearchX and I could use X as an index into the searchI would be calling.  But looks like in JMeter names do not resolve function calls. Neither do they resolve variable names, like I could not call a transaction ${transName}

Any ideas how I could achieve this?

Thanks

Matt

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Soft coding transaction names

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
OK, thanks for confirming this. Release 2.1.1 is due out very soon...

S.

Posted by m mat <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Sebb,.

It worked....