Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Octavian Popescu <Oc...@interoute.com> on 2016/05/06 14:45:23 UTC

Re: Number of NICs in VMWare - CS 4.6 bug?

Adding a bit to this – it looks like it’s a documented bug, fixed in CS-25155 but unfortunately I couldn’t really find much about the fix other than vague references, any ideas how I could track it down?

Thanks,
Octavian

On 06/05/2016 10:28, "Octavian Popescu" <Oc...@interoute.com>> wrote:

Hello,

There seems to be a bug in CS 4.6 that prevents a VM running on VMWare from booting if it has more than 7 NICs – the NICs can be added just fine until you hit the VMWare limit (10) but on reboot it doesn’t start anymore until you remove them. Do you know if this was fixed in 4.7 or 4.8?

Thanks,
Octavian

Re: Number of NICs in VMWare - CS 4.6 bug?

Posted by Octavian Popescu <Oc...@interoute.com>.
I’m afraid not - I found the 25155 ticket reference in some release notes but that’s as far as it goes really…

On 09/05/2016 12:11, "Abhinandan Prateek" <ab...@shapeblue.com>> wrote:

It seems there is a limit of 8 NICS that Hyper-V will support for user VMS: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj680093.aspx

It seems CS-25155 is some internal jira ticket, do you know if the summary/extract can be shared ?

On 06/05/16, 8:15 PM, "Octavian Popescu" <Oc...@interoute.com>> wrote:

Adding a bit to this – it looks like it’s a documented bug, fixed in CS-25155 but unfortunately I couldn’t really find much about the fix other than vague references, any ideas how I could track it down?

Thanks,
Octavian

On 06/05/2016 10:28, "Octavian Popescu" <Oc...@interoute.com>> wrote:

Hello,

There seems to be a bug in CS 4.6 that prevents a VM running on VMWare from booting if it has more than 7 NICs – the NICs can be added just fine until you hit the VMWare limit (10) but on reboot it doesn’t start anymore until you remove them. Do you know if this was fixed in 4.7 or 4.8?

Thanks,
Octavian

Regards,

Abhinandan Prateek

abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com>
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Number of NICs in VMWare - CS 4.6 bug?

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Abhinandan Prateek <ab...@shapeblue.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Found it here:
http://docs.citrix.com/content/dam/en-us/cloudplatform/cloudplatform-45/downloads/CitrixCloudPlatform4.5ReleaseNotes.pdf

Which means it was fixed in Citrix CloudPlatform (now Accelerite
CloudPlatform).
Not sure if it was upstreamed, since the title/description may differ
between the two.

Anyone from Accelerite that could answer?

--
Erik