Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/02 23:17:02 UTC

Version 2 of the maven-jaxme-plugin

Hi,

I'd like to ask the users of the maven-jaxme-plugin for feedback on
the proposed version 2. The updated version is available from the
Maven snapshot repository on people.apache.org:

   http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ws/jaxme

This version is slightly incompatible to its predecessor (hence the
increment in the major version number). If noone else intervenes, I'll
ask for a release in the next weeks.

Thanks,

Jochen

List of changes in the plugin:

 - Added the concept of schema collections, which allows to compile
   multiple schema files within one project using different
   configurations. You had to use subprojects before.
 - Upgrade to JaxMe 0.5.2.
 - File sets are now built using the Plexus utilities, which is the
   standard for Maven plugins. Unfortunately, this means that the
   syntax for configuring the plugin has changed.
 - Added support for entity resolvers.
 - The input files may now be added to the generated jar file, so that
   they can be used for documentation or validation.
 - Sources and resources may now have different target directories,
   which matches the Maven standards.

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)