Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sebastian Kanthak <se...@muehlheim.de> on 2001/09/20 00:07:14 UTC

getPathInfo bug when used with forwarding

Hi,

I think I discovered a bug in tomcat 3.2.3 when using forwarding and
getPathInfo().

Let's say I have Servlet1 on webapp "test". I call it with an URL like
"/test/servlet/Serlvet1/here/comes/my/path"

In Serlvet1, request.getPathInfo() gives me "/here/comes/my/path". Servlet1
now forwards the request to Serlvet2 via
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/serlvet/Servlet2")
.forward(request,response)

In Servlet2, request.getPathInfo returns null but only (!) on the first
invocation. If I access the same URL (/test/servlet/Servlet1/...) again, it
works as expected! Also, if I directly access Servlet2 or access Servlet2
before Servlet1, path info is set correctly.

I've searched the archive, but did not find a solution.

ciao Sebastian

--
Sebastian Kanthak    |    sebastian.kanthak@muehlheim.de