Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Paul Brown <pr...@fivesight.com> on 2001/09/22 01:22:03 UTC

PRINT_EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACE in XMLParser

In org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser, how would people feel about
exposing PRINT_EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACE as a feature?  I've been turning it on
and off all day and recompiling each time...  (I would just change it, but I
don't want to damage the compatibility of what I'm working on.)

Paul Brown
FiveSight Technologies, Inc.

Re: PRINT_EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACE in XMLParser

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Paul Brown wrote:
> In org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser, how would people feel about
> exposing PRINT_EXCEPTION_STACK_TRACE as a feature?  I've been turning it on
> and off all day and recompiling each time...  (I would just change it, but I
> don't want to damage the compatibility of what I'm working on.)

This and other internal debugging features are compiled in
as static final so that the conditionals using them can be
ignored by the compiler. Making it a feature would mean that
all of the debugging code must be compiled with the class.