Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "thomas.joscht@stud.uni-bamberg.de" <th...@stud.uni-bamberg.de> on 2010/09/21 13:04:16 UTC

Building own extension bundle

Hi,
we are developing an own binding for Tuscany 2.0-M5. In Eclipse our J-Unit testcases are running without problems. We have 2 Java-Maven-Projects in which the dependencies are defined during the pom.xml. Now we would like to build the bundle (jar files) with a correct Manifest.MF. Our Manifest.MF is still written by hand. Therefore we are getting ClassNotFoundException while running our extension bundle in the Tuscany 2 runtime. Can you help me creating the Manifest.MF out of the pom.xml with a maven command? Which command (goal) should I use to dynamic create the Manifest.MF out of the pom.xml? Thanks for your help.

Re: Building own extension bundle

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:04 PM, thomas.joscht@stud.uni-bamberg.de
<th...@stud.uni-bamberg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> we are developing an own binding for Tuscany 2.0-M5. In Eclipse our J-Unit testcases are running without problems. We have 2 Java-Maven-Projects in which the dependencies are defined during the pom.xml. Now we would like to build the bundle (jar files) with a correct Manifest.MF. Our Manifest.MF is still written by hand. Therefore we are getting ClassNotFoundException while running our extension bundle in the Tuscany 2 runtime. Can you help me creating the Manifest.MF out of the pom.xml with a maven command? Which command (goal) should I use to dynamic create the Manifest.MF out of the pom.xml? Thanks for your help.

Hi

IIRC, for the extensions in Tuscany, we used the maven bundle plugin
to create a first cut of the manifests and subsequently maintained
them by hand. I did a quick search of the code base and don't see any
remaining examples of us using the bundle plugin now. Note that each
Tuscany module has a top level META-INF directory which holds the
manually maintained MANIFEST.MF file.

Regards

Simon