Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/29 18:56:59 UTC

Document : Reference plan

Sorry for spamming, but i think that we have to discuss these kind of
thing before going further with Confluence documentation.

Actually, i have chosed to display Tapestry IOC, then CORE... then
display the reference links in each version

What about the other modules, if you create a section for every module
the Documentation page will become un-readable...

I suggest to create a page for reference links, but i am not convinced.

Any idea ?

Christophe Cordenier.

Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
So true.

The javadoc tag can be done in two ways: a macro that converts a fully qualified class name to a
link to the apidocs (easy) or a plugin that takes a class name, tries to look up a fully qualified
class name and converts that to a link to the apidocs (difficult).

You will only have fast if you can do without some of the features that confluence gives you. That's
due to the autoexport plugin not being actively maintained, having bugs and how confluence works
internally. Wokrking directly in confluence won't be possible because it's just too slow.

Uli

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like getting Confluence to do what we want could be a full time job!

Confluence is a monster! ... You'll whine for .apt files... be warned

As you've done with  Eclipse -> IDEA -> Eclipse... ;)

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
The newcode macro seems just to be broken when it comes to html export. it's looking ok in pdf
export but not in html export, regardless of what method i choose to export (confluence built-in or
autoexport).

Uli

Re: Document : Reference plan

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.