Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/16 02:33:10 UTC

[HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

As we talked on the release thread for 2.5.0, Lets do a 2.5.1 release in 1

I would afford to delay an extra week depending on the workload that
people may want to add.. but anything beyond that would make into a
2.5.2 or 2.6.0

So, please if you have anything you want to add and possibly delaying
for an extra week, let me know...

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 05/03/2018 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I see there are some updates retargetting JIRA version at 2.5.1 from
> 2.6.0. I think the changes on master are now more suited to the
> release being versioned as 2.6.0. There are plenty of changes in the
> time since 2.5.0 that would have suited 2.5.x releases, but there
> seems to be enough others in there now that might better fit a 2.6.0
> due to adding new functionality etc.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Robbie

Agreed, given the amount of changes a 2.6.0 release would make more
sense unless 2.5.1 is only a cherry-picking of critical fixes and not
the entire set of changes currently on master.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
It was my fault. I kept finding last minute issues and postponed the
release over and over.

I will avoid that next time I do a release.

Sorry about that.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I have been pushing this for a few weeks.  I thought it was more than
clear.  I didn’t mean to get anyone by surprise.

Along the conversation here 2.5.1 will just be renamed as 2.6.0.

I’m traveling today and I wanted to tag and upload from home.  And I wanted
something to do tonight at the hotel :).  Sorry for any trouble.

We can try another one shortly in a few weeks. (2 or 3)

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/16/2018 11:09 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> > I just tagged as 2.6.0... It's uploading...
> >
> > I will cleanup JIRA tonight / tomorrow.. should send the voting thread
> > soon (tonight or tomorrow)
>
> This seems a bit backwards to me.  I'd think in the future it'd be nice
> to send some notice before you spin the release to give folks some
> warning.  The title of this thread still references a 2.5.1 release in a
> week which are both incorrect so anyone watching for it might miss the
> notice and anyone working on last minute fixes or whatnot gets no notice.
>
> It'd probably be a good idea to do the JIRA cleanup prior to all this as
> a way to better gauge where things stand before pulling the trigger and
> also give people some better insight into what is in the release when
> the vote thread appears.
>
> It probably wouldn't be as big a deal if releases were happening on a
> more frequent basis but given the long delay I'd say some warning next
> time would probably be the courteous thing to do.
>
> > On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Clebert Suconic
> > <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have been clearing the testsuite. Other guys are working with me on
> >> that (Francesco, Justin for instance). I'll do as soon as I'm done.

> org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.openwire.amq.RedeliveryPolicyTest.testRedeliveryPolicyPerDestination

> tomorrow let me

> >> --
> >> Clebert Suconic
> >

> --
> Tim Bish
> twitter: @tabish121
> blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/
>
> --
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
From the entire set.. we only have fixes.. and 4 enhancements...

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by pwjenkins <ph...@entrustdatacard.com>.
Are you on track to release by the end of April?

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
There's some house keeping to be done.. a few Pull Requests open
now... i will cut a release as soon as it's ready.

So.. if anyone needs time.. please let me know here. We can still do
another release in 2 or 3 weeks after this one.. (There's no need to
wait months before releases).

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:40 PM, pwjenkins

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by pwjenkins <ph...@entrustdatacard.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
I got side tracked into something else (personal) and couldn't do it
earlier.. sorry about that.

I can do a release (2.5.1) next week. We can later do a 2.5.2 about
mid may. How that sounds?

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 7:37 PM, pwjenkins

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by pwjenkins <ph...@entrustdatacard.com>.

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Sure.. I can do that.. If I can't for any reason I will ask help for
someone else to be the release manager. but it's doable for sure.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [HEADS-UP] 2.5.1 in one week

Posted by Michael André Pearce <mi...@me.com>.