Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov> on 2001/11/11 11:56:53 UTC

alternate screen template for same screen class

I've tried to find this in the docs but can't so I'll ask here: if I have a
screen class that works just fine but want different views of it
(difference screen templates) how do I do this? Can I?

Right now if I do this:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/Turbinetest/servlet/Turbine/template/HelloWorldDB.vm

my HelloWorldDB.vm calls HelloWorldDB.class for the context information.

How do I set it so that
http://127.0.0.1:8080/Turbinetest/servlet/Turbine/template/HelloWorldDB2.vm

would use my HelloWorldDB2.vm  but still call HelloWorldDB.class for the
context information?

Thanks,
Bruce
"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!" ---Calvin

Phone: 202-651-8553
Pager Email:8273479@skytel.com

Re: alternate screen template for same screen class

Posted by Chris Shenton <Ch...@hq.nasa.gov>.
Don't you know you're supposed to be chillin' on weekends and
holidays?  Your progress is really making me look bad -- so start
relaxing and stuff! :-)

Re: alternate screen template for same screen class

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
The standard way to have several templates use the same Screen module,
is to put all the templates in the same directory.  Then create a Screen
in the matching package called Default.

Otherwise you can do as Terry suggested and use the screen in the url as
well as the template.  you will have to not use the template keyword in
the url or that will override the screen parameter.

john mcnally

Posted by Terry McBride <tt...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry,

setTemplate is a method in TemplateScreen (which the
following inheret from: BaseJspScreen, VelocityScreen,
WebMacroSiteScreen), not RunData.

=====

Posted by Terry McBride <tt...@yahoo.com>.

=====