Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "giacomo90@libero.it" <gi...@libero.it> on 2017/04/21 15:42:08 UTC

R: WELCOME to user@flink.apache.org

Dear Users and Apache Flink devs,

         For each one of my distributed computation, I'm generating and
reading the json files produced by the getExecutionPlan() in order to motivate
my benchmarks. Is there some guide providing an explaination of the exact
meaning of the fields of the generated JSON file? I'm trying to differentiate
from the timing result which part of the computation time was spent sending
messages and which time was spent during either I/O or CPU operations.
         By the way, I also noticed that I do not get any information
concerning the actual data that is been used and transmitted throughout the
network (the actual data size and the messages' data size).
         Moreover, currently I'm using the following way to get the JSON file

> createAndRegisterDataSinks();
> String plan = globalEnvironment.getExecutionPlan();
> createAndRegisterDataSinks();
> globalEnvironment.execute(getClass().getSimpleName()); // Running the actual
class

          Is there a better way to do it?
          Thanks in advance for your support,

    Giacomo90