Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/07/15 20:38:39 UTC

Re: wiki spam

RE: wiki spam

Posted by Johannes russek <jo...@io-consulting.net>.
ye guys,
what about that web-of-trust theory, google used in its new "community"
concept,
like: everyone is trusted, that got invited by someone already trusted.
but maybe thats overshot for what you guys want?
regards, johannes

Re: wiki spam

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.

Re: wiki spam

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> Clearly, all Wiki changes need to be GPG signed

Umm, I'm hoping for something that has a bit less impact on the human UI
while only affecting the robots. Wikis have been working fine without
having to identify or trust the humans. (I know you were being
sarcastic, but I want to point out that the direction to go in is _not_
to increase trust levels in the people who make edits).

  -- sidney

Re: wiki spam

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 07:30:07AM +1200, Sidney Markowitz wrote:
> It might be more effective and less intrusive to add some randomization
> to the page that changes whatever elements the robots are using to post
> the changes but doesn't effect the human UI. I certainly would not want
> to end up having to use a CAPTCHA -- I find them really annoying.

Clearly, all Wiki changes need to be GPG signed, and ideally there'll
be a trust path between the author and either the last author or some
other configured key.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The universe is already insane, anything else would be redundant."

Re: wiki spam

Posted by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> Yep -- recently it's been on FrontPage and TitleIndex too

Sigh.