Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2014/08/25 09:52:22 UTC

Cache Settings Idea

I recently committed a small change to UtilCache that allows us to
specify the properties file to use for cache settings.

Currently, all cache settings for all components are contained in a
single file - cache.properties - located in the base component.

 From my perspective, it would be nice to have each component use its
own cache settings file, and the cache.properties file can be used for
default settings and the base component only.

What do you think?

--
Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software

Re: Cache Settings Idea

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
Being able to override properties settings would be nice and I tried
that once by modifying UtilProperties.java, but I ran into problems and
then I ran out of free time before I could get it working.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

Re: Cache Settings Idea

Posted by Vyom Jain <vy...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cache Settings Idea

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 25/08/2014 09:52, Adrian Crum a écrit :
> I recently committed a small change to UtilCache that allows us to specify the properties file to use for cache settings.
>
> Currently, all cache settings for all components are contained in a single file - cache.properties - located in the base component.
>
> From my perspective, it would be nice to have each component use its own cache settings file, and the cache.properties file can be used for default
> settings and the base component only.
>
> What do you think?

As long as the default is the current cache.properties file this is fine with me

Jacques