Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Mishra, Ajay" <Aj...@gs.com> on 2008/09/11 13:51:36 UTC

Issue setting up Jmeter on Linux machine

Hi,

I am having issues setting up Jmeter on a linux machine. I have
extracted and put the latest release of Jmeter under a folder called
"Jmeter" and had set the "JAVA_HOME", "PATH" and "CLASSPATH" values.
When I try to run it using the "jmeter.sh" file it fails with below
error.

bash-2.03$ jmeter
Unrecognized option: -server
bash-2.03$

Can someone help me on what I am missing out.

Regard's
Ajay Mishra

Re: Issue setting up Jmeter on Linux machine

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/09/2008, Mishra, Ajay <Aj...@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I was able to resolve the issues pretty much now and able to run test in
>  Jmeter in both GUI and non-GUI mode on the Linux box.

Good. Perhaps you could explain what you needed to do so others can benefit?

>  I have another issue

Please start another thread when you wish to ask another question.

Posted by "Mishra, Ajay" <Aj...@gs.com>.
Hi,

I was able to resolve the issues pretty much now and able to run test in
Jmeter in both GUI and non-GUI mode on the Linux box.
I have another issue that the test hangs when the bytes of data reach

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 12/09/2008, Mishra, Ajay <Aj...@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I tried the command you have given beolow but it is giving the following
>  error now. Any idea what is the reason for this.
>
>  bash-2.03$ java -jar ApacheJMeter.jar
>  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>  org/apache/jmeter/NewDriver (Unsupported major.minor version 48.0)

The JVM must be earlier than 1.4.

What does java -version give?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.