Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2005/05/21 15:02:36 UTC

Re: Ear plugin

Stephane Nicoll wrote:
> Emmanuel,
>
> Please see my comments inline as well as a new version of the plugin.
>
> On 5/20/05, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:
>

>>- Can you format the code correctly with m2 coding style?
>

> Sure. This is done and added on my local Intellij installation.
>

>>- Don't use expression like ${maven.ear.appxml.generate}. The prefered
>>way is the field name like generateDescriptor
>

> OK, done.
>

>>- Don't use @description tag, the javadoc comment is sufficient for
>>plugin documentation.
>

> OK, done.
>

>>- Use @readonly tag for unmodifiable field.
>

> I added some of them but maybe some are still missing.
>

>>- For all getLog().info() in comments in execute method, you can use
>>getLog().debug()
>

> Done
>

>>- Split EarMojo in two mojo (ear packaging and application.xml generator).
>

> This is done. We do have now AbstractEarMojo who contains basic stuff
> for Ear processing, namely, the list of modules based on scope and
> exculdedList (the latter is still to implement but this will be fast).
> Based on this AbstractEarMojo, we do have
>
> -  EarMojo (ear:ear) copying resources and generating ear
> - GenerateApplicationXmlMojo (ear:generate-application-xml which
> generates application.xml
>

>>- For the moment, you can use as war context-root name, the war file
>>name less .war and version
>

> OK, done.
>

>>- Why you use web for type of war artifact and not war?
>

> It should not be, this is fixed.
>

>>- Can you provide an integration test for put it in trunk/maven-core-it/?
>

> Sure, I just have to look to it. By the way, we would need an
> EarHandler for this new plugin and *maybe* an EarArchiver just the
> same as WarArchiver. Let me know what you think.

Sure, You can add an ear handler in maven-artifact. The EarArchiver
already exist
(http://cvs.plexus.codehaus.org/plexus/plexus-components/plexus-archiver/src/main/java/org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/ear/),
you can use it.

Can I commit now your plugin? If it's ok, You'll send the next time a
diff file.