Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Nuno Santos <ns...@redhat.com> on 2007/04/02 18:06:53 UTC

Re: Qpid packaging (Java)

Daniel Kulp wrote:
> MOST of this tree looks to be stuff that falls into "test" dependencies,
> not runtime dependencies.   Is it possible to redo the graph with
> runtime dependencies only?

Thank you Dan (and others) for pointing that out... The srpm that I
started with includes the client, the broker, and all the tests so all
the dependencies got bundled together in that graph. I'm working on
decoupling the tests so that we have a better representation of the
actual runtime dependencies.

In the meanwhile, just for the sake of completeness, I created a graph
of the full dependency tree (as I mentioned in the previous email, the
graph I posted excluded all the maven2 deps, as well as packages that
were already part of Fedora)... if you want to take a look, it's
available at http://people.redhat.com/nsantos/graph-full.png , with the
maven2 deps expanded at
http://people.redhat.com/nsantos/graph-maven2.jpg  (we've simplified the
maven2 deps quite a bit, but that's what they originally looked like)

Nuno

Re: Qpid packaging (Java)

Posted by Nuno Santos <ns...@redhat.com>.
Rupert Smith wrote:
> Runtime deps for the java broker and client should look like:  [...]

That list looks a lot more manageable, but I'm also interested in
tracking buildtime dependencies, because for our purposes we need to
provide everything that's required to build the binary rpm from sources.

> This is just taken from a distribution .zip file. Even this list includes
> things that are probably not needed. Like what on earth is isorelax?

In that list, two other packages -- msv and dom4j -- depend on isorelax,
so it seems to be a 2nd level dependency. FWIW, isorelax's description
is "Public interfaces useful for applications to support RELAX Core", so
it's related to the use of the NG RELAX datatype.

Nuno

Re: Qpid packaging (Java)

Posted by Rupert Smith <ru...@googlemail.com>.
Runtime deps for the java broker and client should look like:

relaxngDatatype-20020414.jar
isorelax-20020414.jar
mina-core-1.0.0.jar
log4j-1.2.12.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
qpid-client-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
backport-util-concurrent-2.2.jar
xercesImpl-2.2.1.jar
geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
xalan-2.7.0.jar
mina-java5-1.0.0.jar
jaxen-1.0-FCS.jar
commons-beanutils-1.6.jar
commons-logging-api-1.0.4.jar
saxpath-1.0-FCS.jar
commons-lang-2.1.jar
commons-digester-1.6.jar
commons-cli-1.0.jar
qpid-common-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
msv-20020414.jar
qpid-broker-1.0-incubating-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar
commons-logging-1.0.jar
mina-filter-ssl-1.0.0.jar
servlet-api-2.3.jar
commons-configuration-1.2.jar
com.ibm.icu-3.4.4.jar
slf4j-simple-1.0.jar
xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar
commons-beanutils-core-1.7.0.jar
dom4j-1.4.jar

This is just taken from a distribution .zip file. Even this list includes
things that are probably not needed. Like what on earth is isorelax?

Rupert