Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Charak, Vikas" <vi...@cns-inc.com> on 2006/09/19 16:12:57 UTC

[AXIS2] Issue with Axis2 probably not handling SOAP requests correctly

Hi ,

I am using XMLSpy as welll as Axis2 Client to test the service. The
service works fine with Axis2 client. But when a call is made from
XmlSpy , the input parameters are NULL.

Interestingly the same issue is happening when a call is made from
Siebel also.

See below XMLSpy SOAP request. I am trying to send "Hello" as an input
parameter. But on the service side the value of input parameter is NULL.

I think we probably have some interoperability issues with Axis2.

Both Siebel and XMLSpy's SOAP request looks like the one below shown;

POST /axis2/services/SimpleService HTTP/1.1

SOAPAction: "getCode"

Host: 127.0.0.1:9090

Connection: Keep-Alive

Cache-Control: no-cache

Cookie: JSESSIONID=561757E11D99F7DF6C66A27C346963AB

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

            <SOAP-ENV:Body>

                        <m:inputPara1
xmlns:m="http://SimpleService.simpleservice.webservice.wammis.com/types"
>Hello</m:inputPara1>

            </SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

AXIS2 SOAP Request:

POST /axis2/services/SimpleService HTTP/1.1

SOAPAction: "getCode"

Host: 127.0.0.1:9090

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soapenv:Heade
r />

<soapenv:Body><SimpleService:getCode
xmlns:SimpleService="http://SimpleService.simpleservice.webservice.wammi
s.com/types">

<SimpleService:Text>Hello</SimpleService:Text>

</SimpleService:getCode></soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Envelope>

Any idea?

Re: [AXIS2] Issue with Axis2 probably not handling SOAP requests correctly

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Are u using a nightly? If so, Please open a bug report with your WSDL
(and the command line you used to generate the server side code)

thanks,
dims