Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Lukas Zapletal <lz...@bach.cz> on 2001/08/06 07:45:01 UTC

Writing my own session handler

Hello, I need to write my own session handler class. How can I do it? I do
not want to use Apache::Session.

Regards

Lukas Zapletal [lzap@bach.cz]
BACH systems Ltd. [www.bach.cz]
web programmer

Re: Writing my own session handler

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Hello, I need to write my own session handler class. How can I do it? I do
> not want to use Apache::Session.

Maybe it would be better to only write your own Storage class, while still
using the Apache::Session framework ?

Otherwise you have to provide a tied hash along with the methods setid,
getids and clear as described in HTML::Embperl::Session

> Can't locate object method "hexhash" via package "MD5" at
> D:/Perl/site/lib/HTML/Embperl.pm line 1696.
>

> 1) whats wrong?

Embperl thinks you are using Apache::Session 0.17. This is old code that
will go away soon.

> 2) I do not use Apache::Session classes in my implementation, is this the
> problem?

You can work without Apache::Session, but SessionMgnt must be set to 2

> 3) why is Embperl executing 1st branch if (SessionMgnt == 1) when this
value
> cannot be set (I cannot find where is it set to 1)

The decision is made when EMbperl.pm is loaded, around line 369

Gerald