Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by jinzhy <ji...@neusoft.com> on 2016/07/13 02:10:12 UTC

A question of HAWQ

hello everybody,

      Can HAWQ or Pivotal HD support 'delete' or 'update' operation in HDFS now?I can only  create append only table in my computer。

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: A question of HAWQ

Posted by Lei Chang <le...@apache.org>.
please see items on the roadmap page here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Roadmap

Cheers
Lei

Re: A question of HAWQ

Posted by Paul Guo <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: A question of HAWQ

Posted by Wales Wang <wo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
HAWQ is append only.

Re: Fwd: A question of HAWQ

Posted by Ming Li <ml...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks jinzhy.

This is a big feature, HDFS cannot support update/delete, all other DB
declare supporting it as a tricky workaround which severely affect SELECT
performance. We need more investigation for it.

Re: A question of HAWQ

Posted by Ming Li <ml...@pivotal.io>.
Hi jinzhy,