Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Leon Finker <le...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/08 21:48:29 UTC

"sys" properties lookup regression

Hi,

Testing master branch.. We have the following xml configuration:
..
<Property name="additionalProp"></Property>
..
<RegexFilterEx regex="${sys:additionalProp}" onMatch="DENY"
                onMismatch="ACCEPT" />
-- or you can have <Property name="additionalProp" /> doesn't matter for the issue

And assume there is no 'additionalProp' System property set.  On master branch, ${sys:additionalProp} doesn't get resolved and remains as literal ${sys:additionalProp}. It's supposed to default to xml specified props, no? This worked up to 2.6.3.

But if I change the xml prop to be:
<Property name="additionalProp" value="" />

Then ${sys:additionalProp} fallsback to xml defined prop and resolves to empty string.

Re: "sys" properties lookup regression

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Would you mind reopening 1313 and pasting your message in there? Away from PC now...

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Leon Finker <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Remko,