Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Braginsky, Leo" <lb...@akamai.com> on 2001/01/24 01:52:08 UTC

Error while running Addressbook example -

Hello, friends
Today is my second day of playing with Apache SOAP and I'm still trying to
run the addressbook sample. It seems that my server receives the request
from the client. But below is an error message that I get.
Has anyone seen that? Any words of wisdom?

Thanks a bunch

- leo

Tue Jan 23 19:44:55 EST 2001:<I> <ServletContext-General>
soap/servlet/rpcrouter
: init
>>(Tue Jan 23 19:44:55 EST 2001) Processing SOAP request...
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method
getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lan
g/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:78)
        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
        at org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java, Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:772)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:123)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:761)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:708)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:252)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:346)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:246)

        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled
Code)

Re: Error while running Addressbook example -

Posted by Dave Reardon <re...@hotmail.com>.
Leo,
I had a very similar problem. Turned out to be a problem with tomcat.bat (on
a Win32 system). Check out
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-peer2/?dwzone=ws for
instructions on the changes to tomcat.bat.
Basically you need to change
set CP=%CP%;%CLASSPATH%

to:

set CP=%CLASSPATH%;%CP%