Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Eric Brown <yo...@mac.com> on 2009/01/31 09:50:20 UTC

Standalone attachments not working in 0.8.1-incubating?

I have a database called "test".

I can add documents quite easily with PUT. However, when I try to add
a standalone attachment (either to an existing document or to a new
document), I get 405 Method not allowed.

PUT /test/b1/att1 HTTP/1.0

12345678

HTTP/1.0 405 Method Not Allowed
Server: CouchDB/0.8.1-incubating (Erlang OTP/R12B)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:44:51 GMT
Allow: GET,HEAD

It didn't even let me send the content before responding

That's not to say PUTs themselves don't work. I can do the following
successfully:

PUT /test/d1 HTTP/1.1

{ "subject":"abc"}

HTTP/1.1 201 Created
Server: CouchDB/0.8.1-incubating (Erlang OTP/R12B)
Etag: "508165343"
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:41:00 GMT
Cache-Control: must-revalidate

{"ok":true,"id":"d1","rev":"508165343"}

Cheers,
Eric

Re: Standalone attachments not working in 0.8.1-incubating?

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:50 AM, Eric Brown <yo...@mac.com> wrote:
> I have a database called "test".
>
> I can add documents quite easily with PUT. However, when I try to add a
> standalone attachment (either to an existing document or to a new document),
> I get 405 Method not allowed.

Standalone attachments were added since 0.8.1. There has been a lot of
other improvements since then as well. We're close to a 0.9 release,
but for now svn trunk is the way to go.

There is an fork of the CouchDBX binary package (for OSX) that
packages a latter version, but if you want the latest, please use the
svn trunk.

CouchDBX fork: http://medevyoujane.com/blog/2008/11/23/my-couchdbx-version.html

SVN trunk: http://couchdb.apache.org/community/code.html

--