Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/04 18:19:31 UTC

Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Hello,
You may have missed my previous mail so created a special thread.

Current 2.10 contains 3 issues:
- NativeCommand timeout issue => Not a problem for me as it's not a
regression
- Bad handling of redirects => This is a regression and could be a big
problem for users/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19636282/jmeter-error-in-redirect-url-for-getviewed
65 times
- HTTPS Recorder => Current implementation introduces issue for BAD java
installation. This issue seems to affect some users judging on the number
of views of views It seems to be annoying although I am not sure we can do
something about it as we do not distribute the jks anymore. But maybe give
more details in LOG or UI:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550472/jmeter-2-10-http-recorder-throws-keytool-exception=>
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19592609/jmeter-2-10-proxyserver-jks-error=>

So I vote for a new 2.10.1 and propose to add a clear UI message when
keytool is not available or folder is not writable.

Regards
Philippe M.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 November 2013 12:37, Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > It seems there may be some other Use case to double check when installing
> > on Windows.
> >
> > On french forum we have a issue reported by a user who installs jmeter
> 2.10
> > (On Windows 2007 Server), he has this time issues with write access to
> bin
> > folder:
> >
> > Env Vars :
> >
> >    - JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_45
> >    - JMETER_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\JMeter
> >
> > Error message:
> >
> >    - 2013/11/26 10:43:17 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.ProxyControl:
> >    Could not initialise key store java.io.IOException: Command
> :'"keytool"
> >    "-genkeypair" "-alias" ":root_ca:" "-dname" "CN=_ DO NOT INSTALL
> unless
> >    this is your certificate (JMeter root CA), OU=Username: JM, C=BE"
> "-keyalg"
> >    "RSA" "-keystore" "proxyserver.jks" "-storepass"
> "JA9YysNFMEtENUxHAPRz"
> >    "-keypass" "JA9YysNFMEtENUxHAPRz" "-validity" "7" "-ext" "bc:c"'
> failed,
> >    code: 1
> >    erreur keytool : java.io.FileNotFoundException: proxyserver.jks (Accès
> >    refusé)
> >
> > I don't have a windows Machine to double check it.
>
> The same would happen on other OSes.
>
> > This kind of issue may be faced by users havinf different Home and
> Install.
> >
> > So I wonder if it is a good idea to use:
> >
> >     private static final String CERT_DIRECTORY =
> >
> >         JMeterUtils.getPropDefault("proxy.cert.directory",
> > JMeterUtils.getJMeterBinDir()); // $NON-NLS-1$
> >

> > Should we use this instead:
> >
> > JMeterUtils.getPropDefault("proxy.cert.directory",
> > JMeterUtils.getJMeterHome()); // $NON-NLS-1$
>
> Not sure that would help, as JMeterBin is JMeterHome + "/bin".
>
> If the bin dir is not writable, then home (i.e. its parent dir) is
> unlikely to be writable either.

You're right. I don't know why I was more thinking about the way jmeter.log
was generated sometimes but it is not a good idea anyway.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 November 2013 18:49, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Le 04/11/2013 17:19, Philippe Mouawad a ecrit :
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> You may have missed my previous mail so created a special thread.
> >>
> >> Current 2.10 contains 3 issues:
> >> - NativeCommand timeout issue => Not a problem for me as it's not a
> >> regression
> >> - Bad handling of redirects => This is a regression and could be a big
> >> problem for users/
> >>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19636282/jmeter-error-in-redirect-url-for-getviewed
> >> 65 times
> >> - HTTPS Recorder => Current implementation introduces issue for BAD java
> >> installation. This issue seems to affect some users judging on the
> number
> >> of views of views It seems to be annoying although I am not sure we can
> do
> >> something about it as we do not distribute the jks anymore. But maybe
> give
> >> more details in LOG or UI:
> >>

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550472/jmeter-2-10-http-recorder-throws-keytool-exception=

> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19592609/jmeter-2-10-proxyserver-jks-error=

> >> So I vote for a new 2.10.1
> >

> > Ok for me too.
> >

> Agreed.

Ok great

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 November 2013 18:49, Milamber <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Le 04/11/2013 17:19, Philippe Mouawad a ecrit :
>
>> Hello,
>> You may have missed my previous mail so created a special thread.
>>
>> Current 2.10 contains 3 issues:
>> - NativeCommand timeout issue => Not a problem for me as it's not a
>> regression
>> - Bad handling of redirects => This is a regression and could be a big
>> problem for users/
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19636282/jmeter-error-in-redirect-url-for-getviewed
>> 65 times
>> - HTTPS Recorder => Current implementation introduces issue for BAD java
>> installation. This issue seems to affect some users judging on the number
>> of views of views It seems to be annoying although I am not sure we can do
>> something about it as we do not distribute the jks anymore. But maybe give
>> more details in LOG or UI:
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550472/jmeter-2-10-http-recorder-throws-keytool-exception=>
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19592609/jmeter-2-10-proxyserver-jks-error=>
>>

>> So I vote for a new 2.10.1
>

> Ok for me too.

Agreed.

Re: Should we release a 2.10.1 ?

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Le 04/11/2013 17:19, Philippe Mouawad a ecrit :
> Hello,
> You may have missed my previous mail so created a special thread.
>
> Current 2.10 contains 3 issues:
> - NativeCommand timeout issue => Not a problem for me as it's not a
> regression
> - Bad handling of redirects => This is a regression and could be a big
> problem for users/
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19636282/jmeter-error-in-redirect-url-for-getviewed
> 65 times
> - HTTPS Recorder => Current implementation introduces issue for BAD java
> installation. This issue seems to affect some users judging on the number
> of views of views It seems to be annoying although I am not sure we can do
> something about it as we do not distribute the jks anymore. But maybe give
> more details in LOG or UI:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19550472/jmeter-2-10-http-recorder-throws-keytool-exception=>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19592609/jmeter-2-10-proxyserver-jks-error=>
>

> So I vote for a new 2.10.1