Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/21 20:35:37 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release Candidate R3

Hello all,

I would like to call for a vote on the Dependency Manager toplevel release
R3.

We solved the following issues:

** Bug
    * [FELIX-4858] - DependencyManager: missing createCopy method in timed
service dependency
    * [FELIX-4869] - Callbacks not invoked for dependencies that are added
after the component is initialized

** Improvement
    * [FELIX-4614] - Factory create() method should have access to the
component definition
    * [FELIX-4873] - Enhance DM API to get missing and circular dependencies
    * [FELIX-4876] - DM Annotations bnd plugin compatibility with Bndtools
2.4.1 / 3.0.0 versions
    * [FELIX-4877] - DM Annotations should detect service type using more
method signatures.
    * [FELIX-4878] - Support more signatures for Dependency callbacks
    * [FELIX-4880] - Missing callback instance support for some adapters
    * [FELIX-4889] - Refactor dm shell command to use the
org.apache.dm.diagnostics api

** Wish
    * [FELIX-4875] - Update DM integration test with latest ConfigAdmin

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
    sh check_staged_release.sh r3 /tmp/felix-staging

This script, unlike the original Felix check_stage_release.sh, is specific
to the new Dependency Manager release process (see FELIX-4818) and will
download staging from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/felix instead
of http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories.

To rebuild the DM binaries from the source, you can then refer to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/resources/src/README.src

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thank you;
/Pierre

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release Candidate R3

Posted by Paul Bakker <pa...@luminis.eu>.
+1 (non binding) Built from sources, ran tests and did some quick tests in
an application.

Thanks Pierre!

Cheers,

Paul

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
+1

Built the code from source, ran all the tests. Looking good! Thanks Pierre!

Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release Candidate R3

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all;

Many thanks for your votes !

The vote has passed with the following result :

  +1 (binding): Marcel Offermans, David Bosschaert, Pierre De Rop.
  +1 (non binding): Paul Bakker, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Arjun Panday, Bram
de Kruijff.

I will copy this release to the Felix dist directory.

best regards;
/Pierre

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bram de Kruijff <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
I tried the script before I voted, and just tried it again on another machine, but it works for me. No such looping. Weird.

Greetings, Marcel

On 22 May 2015 at 9:51:02 , David Bosschaert (david.bosschaert@gmail.com) wrote:

It could be me, but when I run the special DM check_staged_release.sh
script it keeps on looping with:

Connecting to dist.apache.org (dist.apache.org)|140.211.11.105|:443...
connected.
Length: ignored [application/zip]
Saving to: `dmrc3_2/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r3/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r3-bin.zip'

[ <=> ] 424,207 247K/s in 1.7s

2015-05-22 08:42:20 (247 KB/s) - Read error at byte 424207 (A TLS
packet with unexpected length was received.).Retrying.

--2015-05-22 08:42:30-- (try:11)
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r3/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r3-bin.zip
Connecting to dist.apache.org (dist.apache.org)|140.211.11.105|:443...
connected.
... and so on ...

David

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
David,

in case you are using a corporate proxy, maybe you could try to bypass it
and use for example your smartphone and configure it as a modem, then use
it to connect your laptop to internet in order not use your corporate proxy
?

I remember in the past that I had the same weird kind of loop problems for
another vote on another felix subproject; and I had the problem when using
my corporate http proxy, but then I tried again at home, and it worked.

Posted by Joune <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

/arjun

----------
http:/arjunpanday.tumblr.com <http://arjunpanday.tumblr.com/>
http://www.arjunpanday.fr

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 10:15 AM, David Bosschaert <

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.