Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by yangjiajun <13...@qq.com> on 2020/05/16 09:50:51 UTC

Re: java.sql.SQLException: Schema change operation failed: Thread got interrupted while trying to acquire table lock.

Hello.Sorry for so late to reply.I have got a reproducer.

Here is the test code.Please run it in a ignite without persistence enabled.

public class ConcurrentCreateTable {
    private static Connection conn;

    private static Connection conn1;

        initialize();
        new Thread(new Runnable() {

            @Override
            public void run() {
                while (true) {
                    try (Statement stmt = conn.createStatement()) {
                        stmt.execute(
                            "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS city1(ID
INTEGER,NAME VARCHAR,NAME1 VARCHAR ,PRIMARY KEY(ID)) WITH
\"template=replicated\";"
                                + "CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS city1_name ON
city1(NAME);CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS city1_name1 on city1(NAME1);");
                        stmt.execute("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS city1");
                        System.out.println("XXX");
                    } catch (SQLException e) {

                        e.printStackTrace();
                    }
                }
            }
        }).start();
        new Thread(new Runnable() {

            @Override
            public void run() {
                while (true) {
                    try (Statement stmt = conn1.createStatement()) {
                        stmt.execute(
                            "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS city2(ID
INTEGER,NAME VARCHAR, NAME1 VARCHAR ,PRIMARY KEY(ID)) WITH
\"template=replicated\";"
                                + "CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS city2_name ON
city2(NAME);CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS city2_name1 on city2(NAME1);");
                        stmt.execute("DROP TABLE IF EXISTS city2");
                        System.out.println("XXX");
                    } catch (SQLException e) {

                        e.printStackTrace();
                    }
                }
            }
        }).start();
        while (true) {

        }
    }

    private static void initialize() throws Exception {
        Class.forName(Config.IGNITE_DRIVER);
        final Properties props = new Properties();
        conn = DriverManager.getConnection(Config.IGNITE_URL, props);
        conn1 = DriverManager.getConnection(Config.IGNITE_URL, props);
    }
}

Here is the exception:
java.sql.SQLException: Schema change operation failed: Thread got
interrupted while trying to acquire table lock.
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinConnection.sendRequest(JdbcThinConnection.java:901)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinStatement.execute0(JdbcThinStatement.java:231)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.jdbc.thin.JdbcThinStatement.execute(JdbcThinStatement.java:559)
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Re: java.sql.SQLException: Schema change operation failed: Thread got interrupted while trying to acquire table lock.

Posted by yangjiajun <13...@qq.com>.
Hello.Thanks for u reply.

Please see this JIRA ticket:

Re: java.sql.SQLException: Schema change operation failed: Thread got interrupted while trying to acquire table lock.

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I can see how such scenario can expose issues in Apache Ignite's SQL. Can
you please create a JIRA ticket with this code?

Ilya Kasnacheev