Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by David Wheeler <wh...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/14 23:00:13 UTC

New site sample

Hi,

I've got the site layout to the point where some things are now functional.
Content pages need only contain what is relevant to the themselves, with no
formatting information
Currently it uses javascript to take a local page and inject it into the
main page. (This causes the page to feel more responsive, but breaks the
back button.)
An easy alternative would be to use PHP if javascript isn't ok.

I've attached the source as well as posted it here:
http://66.160.135.98/tuscany/

-David W

Re: New site sample

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I plan to have DAS contents ready by early next week.

On 8/24/06, David Wheeler <wh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I think the site layout is probably in good final candidate form, but
> there
> are a few pages that need to be written that I wouldn't consider myself
> qualified to create.
>
> We need general overview/getting started with pages for:
> SCA-Java
> SCA-C++
> SDO-C++
> DAS
>
> Right now we only have a SCA-Java page that fits the description.
>
> Please look over the site and let me know if anything else is
> missing/wrong.

Luciano Resende
SOA Opensource - Apache Tuscany

Re: New site sample

Re: New site sample

Posted by David Wheeler <wh...@gmail.com>.
I've updated the site sandbox at http://zerovec.com/tuscany/

On the front I've put a revised verion of the block diagram as well as a
version of the triangle relationship diagram for side by side comparison.

On the top I've implemented some drop down menus for navigating to specific
pages related to SCA/SDO/DAS. Some of these pages do not exist yet.

I've also inserted a "Getting started" category in the nav bar for links
similiar to those in the menus.

Let me know what you guys think works, and where you want the site to be.

-David Wheeler.

Re: New site sample

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Good point Robbie, but if we go that way, we should make sure we explicitly
say that we only have the RDB implementation as of now, not to mislead
people that goes to the website.

- Luciano

Re: New site sample

Posted by Robbie Minshall <my...@gmail.com>.
In the diagram DAS is represented as a single component.  A DAS is simply a

Re: New site sample

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haleh, David...

Re: New site sample

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

David, this looks real nice.

I think we must consider changing the diagram.  I guess if we want to
illustrate the 'three corner stone projects' of Tuscany SCA , DAS and SDO in
this, we must leave the hosting platform, tools & runtime out of this
perspective.  Here is an attempt at bringing all three projects in one
perspective.  If everybody likes it I can send the ppt for your special
touch :-)

Thanks

- Venkat

Re: New site sample